We view protection of your privacy as a very important principle. We understand clearly that you and your Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) are our most important assets. We store and process your information, including PII and any sensitive financial information collected (as defined under the Information Technology Act, 2000), if any, on computers that may be protected by physical as well as reasonable technological security measures and procedures in accordance with the said Act and Rules thereunder.
Security & Protection of PII
1. Remitout understands and values the right to privacy of its users. We therefore are committed, and put in our best efforts, to protect the data and privacy of anyone who uses the Website and any information that an User may provide while using the Website, including but not limited to names, addresses, locations, user names, passwords, transaction records, e-mail addresses, IP addresses, phone numbers and credit / debit card numbers. It is hereby clarified that Remitout does not store your internet banking / credit / debit card account number or password or any other password, except the password generated by you for accessing your account on the Website.
2. Remitout takes reasonable steps to secure your personally identifiable information (‘PII’) against any unauthorized access or disclosure and to prevent loss, misuse or modification of your personal information. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error, and we shall not be liable for any loss of data resulting from any unauthorized person/s illegally gaining entry into our Website / data logs / etc.
4. Transactions on the Website are secure and protected. Any information entered by you while transacting on the Website is encrypted to protect you against unintentional disclosure to third parties. Your internet banking account numbers, credit and debit card information and / or passwords are not received, stored by or retained by Remitout in any manner. This information is supplied by you directly to the relevant payment gateway service provider, which is authorized to handle the information provided, and is compliant with the regulations and requirements of various banks and institutions and payment franchisees that it is associated with.
5. However, Remitout reminds you that it is also your responsibility to safeguard and prevent unauthorized access of your information and password that you use to access our Services. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party and you are responsible for any activity using your account, whether or not you authorized that activity. Please notify Remitout immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org of any unauthorized use of your account.
1. A ‘Cookie’ is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can later be traced back from that particular browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user, including but not limited to a user’s login identification, password, etc.
3. You might also encounter Cookies or other similar devices on certain pages of the Website that are placed by third parties. You hereby expressly agree and acknowledge that Remitout does not control the use of such Cookies / other devices by third parties, and that Remitout is in no way responsible for the same, and that you yourself assume any and all risks in this regard.
4. We gather some information automatically and store it in log files through Cookies, including but not limited to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and click stream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Remitout may use this information in its marketing and advertising services.
5. In some of our e-mail messages, we might use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Website. When you click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our Website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
6. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format you can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Collection and Permitted Use of PII
a) Internal record keeping & auditing
b) Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services or information
c) Tracking and confirming online queries / requests / orders
d) Delivering products / services as per your requests
e) Conducting market research and analysis
f) Processing and/or following up on payments, if any
g) Identifying you on our Website and offering to provide customized assistance to you based on your interactions with us.
2. We further bring to your knowledge that Remitout may automatically track certain information about you based on your IP address and your behaviour on the Website and you hereby expressly consent to the same. It is our duty to make you aware that this information is used to do internal research on user demographics, interests and behaviour, to enable us to better understand and cater to the interests of our users. You are expressly informed that such information may include the URL that you visited prior to accessing our Website, the URL which you subsequently visit (whether or not these URLs form a part of the Website), your computer hardware and software & web browser information, IP address, etc.
3. If you choose to purchase products / services from our Website, then that shall be construed as your express consent to allowing us to collect information about your buying behaviour, trends, PII and billing information and to retain the same with us.
4. If you choose to post messages / reviews / feedback anywhere on the Website, particularly our testimonial board or other message areas, etc., then any and all such information provided / uploaded will be collected and stored by us indefinitely, and such retained information may be used to resolve disputes, provide customer support, troubleshoot problems, etc., and such information, if requested, may be provided to judicial or governmental authorities of requisite jurisdiction, or otherwise used by us as permitted by applicable laws.
5. Remitout further brings to your notice that any and all information collected by us pertaining to you, whether or not directly provided by you to us, including but not limited to personal correspondence such as e-mails, letters, feedback from other users or third parties regarding your activities or postings on the Website, etc., may be collected and complied by the us into a file / folder specifically created for / allotted to you, and you hereby expressly consent to the same.
6. Remitout informs you that while you can browse our Website without being a registered user, transacting on the Website requires you to provide valid PII to us for the purpose of registration. We further inform you that the contact information provided to us may be used to send you important notices and communications regarding our products and services availed or changes to the terms and conditions and policies, offers, promotions, etc. and you hereby expressly consent to receiving the same. Should you wish to unsubscribe, however, you can choose to do so.
7. Your PII may be collected by Remitout directly or indirectly through a third party. However, the only way we will get any of your PII is if you choose to give it to us, e.g. under the following circumstances:
8. When you make a booking or purchase from our Website, or through our customer service team via email, letter, fax, telephone or in physical form.
9. When you register with us, subscribe to our newsletter, enter competitions, send us queries or register for promotions.
10. When you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback. When you engage with us in any online or offline event, promotions, page hosted by us on a third-party platform or location.
Permitted Disclosures of PII
1. Remitout shall share your PII as required to fulfill the service offering and/or to make booking, blocking and / or any other such activity initiated / requested by you.
2. Remitout may also share your PII with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies shall always be obligated to exercise the same level of protection as we do with regard to your PII.
3. Remitout shall be at liberty to share your PII with other corporate entities and affiliates to the extent necessary to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts, correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of the Website’s services and to facilitate joint or co-branded services, where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity.
6. Remitout may also share your PII with its other corporate entities and affiliates. These entities and affiliates may market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-out. We may also disclose PII to third parties, as may be required for us to provide you access to our Website, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Website.
Collection & Use of PII by Third Parties
1. Remitout may also use third party advertisements on the Website to support our Website. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as Cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our Website, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google Adwords program) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit the Website, etc.
2. Remitout, its contractors, agents, owners and employees shall not be responsible for the content or the privacy policies of other websites to which this Website may link to or use offers from. Please take time to learn about them as well.
3. You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our Cookies or third-party Cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in any internet security programs. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our Website as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Collection & Use of Non-Personal Information
1. The non-personal data collected, i.e. which does not identify a particular user, may be used in any manner whatsoever. Below are some typical examples of how we collect and use information. We may collect information such as browser, operating system, occupation, language, pin code, unique device identifier, location, etc. so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services and advertising.
2. This aggregated information is used in research, analysis, and to improve and monitor products and various promotional schemes. It may be shared in aggregated, non-personal form with third parties to enhance customer experience, products offering or services.
If at any time you believe that Remitout has not adhered to above principles/policy, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com and we will use our best commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem.